Why Not

Posted: June 30 2017

‘Everything you want is on the other side of fear’

The good news today is that it was both warmer and drier. That meant that we could get out on the courts, as well as the fields. And the boys loved that. With so much energy to expend and so much enthusiasm to satisfy, they just had to get out and play today. We started with a bit of TLL after a little lie-in until 9.30. Given the late night last night, we thought it prudent to ‘let sleeping dogs lie’ this morning: and they appreciated it (especially the counsellors). ¬†With a short General before lunch, the morning was seemingly gone before we knew it.

We got into more King of the Camp stuff this afternoon. This new league format has captured the boys’ imagination, and they have embraced the competitive spirit and all that goes with that. Competition is good. Competition is life. They – the boys – must learn to compete and to play fair. Especially as, tomorrow, we have a proper competition – our first of the summer – with the boys from Camp Timberlane in Woodruff. More on that as it happens.

We finished the evening with a What Made My Day in Wasserman Hall. This is where I open up the stage to anyone who wants to come up and share with the group anything special or memorable that happened to them that day. There’s never any shortage of speakers, as something special always seems to be happening to someone somewhere. Different strokes for different folks, right?

And that was the day. The weather will continue to get better, I am reliably informed by accuweather. They suggested that we had a 1% chance of rain this afternoon, or, conversely, a 99% chance of it not raining. And it rained!! What are the odds?? Oh well. Predicting what mother nature can and will do is not the easiest thing to do. Hot and sunny in Phoenix, AZ is easy I suppose. But the North Woods weather just isn’t like that. Will we ever understand her?

The weather apart, all else is well, so safely rest.

Goodnight everybody.

As ever…WOODY!

Woody's Word,